A big thank-you to @PerthGirl for nominating me for the Food Award 2.0, created by Elisha from Africa Boy. This award starts a conversation amongst those blogging about food. Perth Girl shared how she is a self-taught baker and cook, with some help learning the basics from her mom. She also takes basic cooking recipes and tweaks them to make them her own, something that I’ve also learned and love to do. Check out her blog to read about faith, food and family!
Alright, here are the rules.
- Thank the person that nominated you.
- Pingback to the creator, Elisha @ Africa Boy
- Use the same featured image as your nominator.
- Answer the five questions.
- Create five questions about food.
- Nominate five people.
My questions from Perth Girl:
- What are your comfort foods? Chinese food, donuts and basically any other type of sweet are always my go-to comfort foods.
- How often do you tend to eat fast food? And what do you usually get? We have been trying to limit how much fast food we eat – for our health and our wallets! When I do get fast food, it’s almost always McDonald’s chicken nuggets, and occasionally Sonic!
- Do you like to bake? And if so, what do you tend to bake a lot of? I love to bake and definitely don’t do enough of it. When I bake, I usually bake cookies or cupcakes. Recently, I made some delicious cornbread muffins!
- What is your Favourite Cuisine? Chinese cuisine is my favorite, hands-down. Sweet and sour chicken, sesame chicken, General Tso’s chicken, plain lo mein… I know what I’m getting for dinner now!
- Do you follow a specific diet? Vegetarian, Low carb, Mediterranean, Paleo, Gluten free etc? I have rheumatoid arthritis, so I try to limit my carbs and sugar intake (when I’m not indulging in my comfort foods!). I’ve tried a vegetarian diet before, but had a hard time giving up chicken!
Questions for my nominees are:
- What are your thoughts and feelings on breakfast for dinner?
- Where do you find new recipes to try?
- Do you cook for yourself or for others? If others, who do you cook for?
- What’s your favorite kitchen gadget?
- What is your favorite dessert? (name three if you can’t choose just one!)
My nominees are: